Friday, June 8, 2012

We Were There!!!!

On May 15, 2012 the Angel Moroni was added to our beautiful Gilbert, AZ temple. I heard the day before that he arrived. I saw pictures on Facebook and speculation that he would go up the next day. I planned on doing a drive by in the morning to see what was going on. A friend text me that morning with the news that he was going up at 2:00pm that afternoon. It wasn't supposed to be something that was advertised. There is very little parking and oh so many members of the church here in Gilbert. I knew the word was getting out though and that I really wanted to be there with my kiddos for this special day. So, we headed over around noon. We camped out at the park across the street. There were already lots of people there. Camping out like us. We ate lunch and sat under an umbrella. It was sooooo hot. One of our first days over a hundred I think. We drank lots of water. Dwight came over shortly before 2:00 and we crossed the street to get a spot just next to the fence around the temple. It really filled up. There were hundreds of people watching from all around the temple. It was really exciting. To learn more about Moroni go here. And to learn more about our temples and how important they are go here.


 










 
Before



Up close. He's gold lined and 13.5 ft tall. Amazing!

No comments: