Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Coming Home

I had an amazing trip to Washington D.C. I am excited to write about it and tell you all about my amazing experiences. 

I flew home from D.C. with a lay over in North Carolina. Just a short one, with enough time to grab some food to take on the  plane with me and go potty. My flight from North Carolina was about 4 hours. There was a beautiful sunset out the window with fluffy clouds. I was so happy to be headed home to my little family. I text my hubby when we landed and he told me they were waiting at the exit to my gate. :) I was happy and excited to see them. I could see them before they could see me. I saw Gracie's blonde head and see she was searching for me. I saw my sweet husband. I saw my baby boy Gunnar bouncing on his toes in excitement. I saw Bear with a great button down shirt like my Dad used to wear. My favorite kind of shirts. :) I saw my Savannah with a pretty braid (Gracie did her hair). I saw their faces as they saw me coming around the corner. Home! My home is in their faces. In their hearts. No matter where I am my home is with them. 

I had a great trip and I'm so excited I had the opportunity to go. So, glad that my husband supported me.  But, I am even happier to be home to my little family. The reason I went in the first place. To ensure my choice to educate my children the way I see best as their mother. 

I brought them each a souvenir from the capitol. I brought my hubby a shirt with Uncle Sam pointing at you saying "Vote". I brought Gracie a game themed around American History, I brought Bear a 2 sided puzzle of the Battle of Lexington and the Death of Tecumseh. I brought Gunnar a U.S. themed coloring packet and crayons. 

The kids were excited to show me a surprise they made me. They are so sweet. They wanted me to close my eyes. But, it was too late. I had already walked in the door. I'm sure they worked very hard to make me a sweet welcome home sign. I love them. I love my life. I'm blessed and grateful. 

Thanks for checking in on us and caring what is going on in our lives! :)

No comments: