Wednesday, October 24, 2012

California Day 3

Our plan was to do Disneyland every other day to have a sort of rest day in between. We decided to go to Magic Mountain on Wednesday. We have annual passes. It was packed though! Some weird LA county day off school. So, we decided to go to the Reagan Museum. Dwight had been wanting to go for a long time. 
 Note: I still had not yet replaced my make up. I'm not super crazy about wearing make up every where I go, but I prefer to have some make up when we are out and probably going to take pictures. I'm embracing my natural beauty. :)

We loved the museum. My hubby was sort of emotional. Almost teary eyed at one point. :) Ronald Reagan died while I was pregnant with Bear and Bear was almost named Reagan. I'm glad he's Bear, but we do very much admire Ronald Reagan.
 


 This is what I want people to ask themselves now!!!
Fun at the  podium. 





 Air force one is really cool. You actually get to board the plane and walk through. We bought a picture of our family in front of the plane. I'll scan sometime and add to this post. (I think it's in the glove compartment of the van, fingers crossed, don't tell my hubby I can't find it :))







 A piece of the Berlin wall. Incredible!
After the museum we headed to the Bear Pitt for dinner. Always delicious.


 Then we headed over for a Sprinkles cupcake in Beverly Hills. Check out the oh so fabulous Cupcake ATM!!!!

 We needed to walk off the massive amounts of bbq and cupcakes, so we headed over to downtown Disney for a walk before we headed back to the hotel. The lego store has an amazing Hulk! Bear's current favorite Avenger.



Gunnar was considering this jacket for a Halloween costume but decided it wasn't quite what he was looking for. Such a sweet little face. He still is undecided on his costume. Trunk of treat is Friday so he needs to make up his mind soon. :)

Things I don't want to forget:
I feel at home in California. It's where I'm from and where we have history. My kiddos appreciate our history because we do. They understand the importance and respect our beliefs and values.

No comments: