Wednesday, October 3, 2012

School at Home in September

The kids and I worked really hard to get ahead in our course material so that we could take a week off school for vacation and not worry about getting behind. The kids did amazing. We have just a few things to finish up before the end of our quarter on October 9. Then we have 3 days off for fall break next week. I am not a home body. So, we work hard and efficiently so that we can play hard. We spend lots of time out on field trips and little adventures. September the weather wasn't quite so horrible. We started going for walks in the mornings. We always stop at some close by park. We got totally rained on one day. We played until we were soaked and then I called Dwight to come rescue us. We swam a few times in September as well. We visited the lego store and the zoo. We learned so much. My girls are working very independently. They are soaking up knowledge and really growing up. I feel so good about my decision to home school them. They are better versions of themselves. They have less stress and are just happier little people. I admit that I have moments where I question when and how I will have time fore myself. Little moments of selfishness. They normally fade quickly though. I know this is a short season of my life and I will miss it when it is gone. I try to relish every moment with them and remember how important this time of life is. My hubby is really helpful and supportive too. The days he works from home he helps with math and spelling lessons or whatever we are trying to get done. It is a family school. Our home truly is a house of learning and love. Now if I could just get the house of order part down. :)


Some picts from September:






 Doctrine and Covenants 109:8
 Organize yourselves; aprepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a bhouse of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house ofcorder, a dhouse of God;

No comments: