Monday, May 7, 2012

Being a Mommy

With Mother's Day coming this week I've been thinking about being a mom. Thinking about how it makes me feel and how thankful I am to be a mom.  This week I am going to share my thoughts about mothers. 

 I had a experience that really affected me. It's not my story to tell. And the little people involved could possibly stop by here. So, I can't be very detailed at all. Which is horrible on a blog. But, this is what I will say. I have learned that mother's are special. That little people need them. That it is really sad when little people lose them. To see a little person, who needed a mommy to brush her hair, but her mommy is gone, really makes me sad. To see her face without as much light as there once must have been. Her clothes a little tattered because Daddy's don't really know how to dress girls. Her big sister holding her hand. But, the big sister needs her mommy too. I can't explain how it affects me. To know that these little people don't have the mommy that they so need to brush their hair, dress them, and most importantly to love them. To snuggle them at bed time. To comfort them when they don't feel good or they have a bad day. That their mommy won't be with them again until this life is done. It makes tears swell in my eyes and my throat feel tight. It makes me want to hug my little ones a little tighter and longer. It makes me realize how important I am at this time of my little kiddos life. It makes me so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a mommy. 

No comments: