Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Girls Camp Goodies

I've gone the girls camp the last 4 years and I have to say I am really sad that I'm not going this year. I serve with the 14 and 15 year old girls, the Mia Maids. This year our stake did Trek. So, my Mia Maids went out and pulled hand carts. They had a great time. Our stake is having Beehive Camp. The 12 and 13 year old girls will have camp all to themselves. My Mia Maids are sad too. They would have loved to do both. My hubby and I are helping drive the Beehives up tomorrow and we will help set up camp. It's real camping with tents. They will have so much fun. For our activity tonight, the Mia Maids made a couple of little goodies for our Beehives. 
 A candy bouquet. I saw one at the grocery store and thought it was so cute and perfect for camp. So, I ran to the dollar store and picked up some yummies for it. There is foam in the middle and 4 Crunch n Munch that form the base. Then wooden dowels hot glued to the candy and some tissue paper and ribbon to make it pretty. I showed the girls a picture and gave them a few simple instructions and they mad it happen. So cute!!!
We also made the girls matching head bands. We love matching at camp. Just a simple head scarf. A 4 inch piece of material sewn with a 1/4 inch seam and then flipped right side out. Then we made the bows from ribbon. Cut ribbon 22 inches, sew a gather stitch. I think the trick is to keep it pulled tight. Then add some bling. We added a little circle felt to the back and then hot glued it right on. It just ties right around the back of your neck. So cute and fun. I had enough material that the Mia Maids each made one for themselves too.We put them in really cute little pink bags with chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies with a little card that all of the girls signed and wrote a little note for each girl. We love the Beehives.


 I'm excited to drive up tomorrow and help set up and a least feel a little bit of the girls camp spirit. Fingers crossed for no car sickness, it's a windy ride. I'm taking ginger ale and crackers. :)

No comments: