Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sleeping Beauties

I'm not very strict with bedtime during the summer. The kids and I spend so much time in the sun and pool though that they are exhausted by bedtime. I often let them sleep in our "fun" room. It has a TV and game table. Hurley the guinea pig lives in there. They like to watch Netflix or Disney channel while they go to sleep. Bear sleeps in there a lot. Gunnar normally falls asleep down stairs on the couch or in my bed and then ends up with Bear after a while. Gracie sometimes sleeps in the fun room. Savannah always sleeps in her bed. She is so my child. She needs her beauty sleep. I just took these pictures of my kiddos minutes ago. Sweetly dreaming. I love them. I have such a blessed life. I am so thankful to be their mommy. So thankful for their health. So thankful that they are so good and kind. They make my heart swell, my throat tighten, and my eyes tear up.   
 His hair is so light from the sun and chlorine it is nearly see through.
 I'm going to go take her glasses off of her as soon as I post this. Oh it makes me cringe to see her sleep with them.
 My sister Lise gave that Pooh to me with a Winnie the Pooh quilt just before Bear was born. Savannah was about 15 months at the time and was totally in to Winnie the Pooh. She immediately claimed that Bear and has slept with it ever since. She brings it on vacation and sometimes just on errands around town. I have sewn holes on him a few times. He's looking pretty scraggly, but she LOVES him.
My baby boy still in his swim suit. With some smudge from eating an ice cream sandwich still on his face.

I love my life as mommy and wife. :)

No comments: